Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Savvy - Written By Ingrid Law

I read this book in less than 24 hours and I am now reading it to my 9 year old daughter whom I will call Angel (her true middle name). Her reading habits are almost identical to mine, once she starts she simply can not stop. One chapter turned into two then three by chapter six I had to pull the plug!! It was way passed her bedtime.
I love listening and watching as I read further, Angel predicting and questioning the direction of the story. Wishing that she had a 'savvy' to look forward to at 13. She would wish to communicate with animals.
As I read Savvy, I was constantly thinking about the students I could match this book with. At first I thought it would only appeal to my girls but I do believe I have quite a few boys who will give this a go and enjoy the ride. Although the cover will make it a hard sell to boys.
Take care,
Dotti.

No comments:

Post a Comment